Fixed Deposit Account
Fixed deposit account is also known as Term deposit Account which offers investment avenues for all strata of the society under the fixed deposit scheme. The return on investment on this scheme is the highest but varies based on the investment period beginning from 45 days to 120 months. The scheme is suited for those wishing to invest for tomorrow. Under this scheme fixed amount of money is deposited for a fixed period of time as above and paid principal amount with accrued interest to the account holder as maturity value. The money deposited in this account cannot be withdrawn before the maturity. However, in case of exigency of fund, bank allows to close the account prior to maturity date. In such cases, the bank applies 1% less from the maturity rate as on that date for the completed deposit period.
- Business Entities
- On behalf of minors
- Fixed Deposit Opening Form
- Should maintain a Saving Account/ CD Account
- CID copy and a passport sized photograph
- Letter from concerned Authority if its Corporate FD
- The investment period and the amount of investment can be decided by the account holder at his/her convenience in the multiple of Nu. 500/- within a period of 45 days to 120 months as tabulated by the bank.
- The overdraft facility can be availed by pledging this fixed deposit amount. . However, the depositor/account holders have the option of seeking a maximum of 90% overdraft facility against the FD amount.
- The amount can be deposited only once. For further such deposits a separate account needs to be opened.
- The fixed deposit receipts are non transferable.
- It cannot be linked with ATM cards.
- It cannot be linked with Internet and SMS Banking Services.
- No funds can be transferred through this account.
- The account can be operated either singly/jointly or either or survivor (EorS).
- No hidden fees or maintenance charges attached.
Download Application Form